Become a Volunteer!
Who can volunteer?
- Volunteers must be 18 years old and out of high school.
- High school and middle school students who need to do volunteer work for school or church can organize a bottle/can drive under the guidance of their parents. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
- Younger children can join our Pet Partners Program, where they can participate in the “Chat with a Cat” reading program. (Children must be with a parent or guardian at all times.) Contact the Education Coordinator at [email protected] for more information.
- College students are invited to attend a special orientation to be held in September and January. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for more details.
- People with mentors/job coaches are welcome to volunteer. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
- Businesses or other agencies are welcome to volunteer for a day or a project. If interested, contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Young people who are interested in doing projects to benefit the CNYSPCA (i.e. Eagle Scout projects) should contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
How Do I Volunteer?
Those who are interested in volunteering, and who meet the requirements, should fill out a volunteer application on our website. If your interests match our needs, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you regarding our next Volunteer Orientation.
- Be able to volunteer for a minimum of six hours month for a minimum of six months.
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable donation of $20 to cover the cost of a volunteer t-shirt, name tag, and other volunteer materials.
- Attend an orientation and possibly other training sessions.
- Abide by and support the mission, rules, policies and procedures of the CNYSPCA, it’s board, and the administration and staff who implement them.
- Support and champion the adoption of the animals in our care.
CNYSPCA Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Shelter Support Center (laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc.)
- Customer Care
- Administration (data entry, computer work, etc.)
- Work with Cats
- Work with Dogs
- Small Animals
- Maintenance/Repair/Building/Painting/Plumbing, etc.
- Landscaping/Snow Removal, etc.
- Specialized Skills (grooming, social media, photography, videography, Reiki, writing, etc.)
- “Create Your Own Burger” – skills/ideas/talents that you have that can benefit the shelter!