Central New York SPCA Dog Control
- Town of Cicero
- Town of Clay
- Town of Dewitt
- Town of Manlius
- Town of Onondaga
- Town of Pompey
- Town of Lysander
- Town of Tully
- Village of E. Syracuse (Village only)
- Village of N. Syracuse (Village only)
To report Dog Control related issues such as a stray animal, bite case quarantine, dangerous dog complaint, or any animal complaint outside of cruelty please contact us.
*after hours and on weekends please call 911 (Non Emergency)
Dog Control is available for Emergency calls that are routed through the municipalities via local police agency or 911 emergency services. Calls from police agencies are made directly to Dog Control’s cell phone. Emergencies include, but are not limited to – Dangerous/Vicious dog, Traffic Hazard, Injured Dog, Police Request with extenuating circumstances, etc.
Onondaga County Dog Control: City of Syracuse is NOT handled by the CNY SPCA. Please call 315-473-6608
Lost & Found Pets
If you have lost or found a pet, help us get the word out! Please contact the appropriate authorities below to let them know if you lost or found a pet in their area.
Town of Camillus ♦ (315)488-1234 after 4:30 and weekends 911 (non-emergency)
Town of Elbridge ♦ (315)436-0167
Town of Fabius ♦ (315)696-6468
Town of Geddes ♦ (315)468-2528 ext.8
Town of LaFayette ♦ (315)677-3674
Town of Marcellus ♦ (315)673-2256 or (315)569-2718
Village of Minoa ♦ (315)446-3826 ext.2 after 4:30 and weekends 911 (non-emergency)
Town of Otisco ♦ (315)696-5357
Town of Salina ♦ (315)457-2710
Town of Skaneateles ♦ (315)685-3488
Village of Solvay (Town of Geddes) ♦ (315)468-2274 ext.8
Town of Spafford ♦ 607-749-2729
Town of Van Buren ♦ (315)488-1234 Police Non-emergency (315)435-7911
LOST AND FOUND: The purpose of this section is to reunite lost pets with their families. For adoptions, please visit our adoptables tab. Staff and volunteers cannot answer adoption questions on these animals until they are ready for adoption.
Lost a Pet? Here are some other sites to check:
Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association 315-697-2796 www.wanderersrest.org
Humane Society of Rome, Inc. 315-336-7070 www.humanesocietyrome.com
Stevens-Swan Humane Society 315-738-4357 www.stevens-swan.org
OTHER SITES TO CONTACT:
If your dog has been picked up by dog control, these are the steps to take:
- Make sure you have current rabies and license information. By NYS Law we CANNOT release a dog without a current rabies shot and a current license
- If your dog does not have a current rabies shot, we can give that here, fax the certificate to your town clerk’s office where you can then get a license for him/her. (Also NYS Law) You will also be required to pay your town’s impound fee, please bring the license and receipt with you. For towns handled by the CNY SPCA, we will tell you the fee before you come in.
- If your dog is current on rabies and license, you will need to pay the impound fee for your local town and bring that receipt with you. You will need to bring a copy of the current license as well. Each town is different, so please check with them BEFORE coming to pick up your dog. For towns handled by the CNY SPCA, we will tell you the fee before you come in.
- Please bring a leash and collar with you, we cannot supply you with either