Dog Control Services & Lost Pets

Central New York SPCA Dog Control

To report Dog Control related issues such as a stray animal, bite case quarantine, dangerous dog complaint, or any animal complaint outside of cruelty please contact us.

Phone: (315)454-0928

*after hours and on weekends please call 911 (Non Emergency) 
Email: [email protected]

Dog Control is available for Emergency calls that are routed through the municipalities via local police agency or 911 emergency services. Calls from police agencies are made directly to Dog Control’s cell phone. Emergencies include, but are not limited to – Dangerous/Vicious dog, Traffic Hazard, Injured Dog, Police Request with extenuating circumstances, etc.

Onondaga County Dog Control: City of Syracuse is NOT handled by the CNY SPCA. Please call (315) 442-5346

Lost & Found Pets

If you have lost or found a pet, help us get the word out! Please contact the appropriate authorities below to let them know if you lost or found a pet in their area. Town of Camillus ♦ (315)488-1234 after 4:30 and weekends 911 (non-emergency) Town of Elbridge ♦ (315)436-0167 Town of Fabius ♦ (315)696-6468 Town of Geddes ♦ (315)468-2528 ext.8 Town of LaFayette ♦ (315)677-3674 Town of Marcellus ♦ (315)673-2256 or (315)569-2718 Village of Minoa ♦ (315)446-3826 ext.2 after 4:30 and weekends 911 (non-emergency) Town of Otisco ♦ (315)696-5357 Town of Salina ♦ (315)457-2710 Town of Skaneateles ♦ (315)685-3488 Village of Solvay (Town of Geddes) ♦ (315)468-2274 ext.8 Town of Spafford ♦ 607-749-2729

Lost a Pet?  Here are some other sites to check:

Madison County:

Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association  315-697-2796

Oneida County:

Humane Society of Rome, Inc.  315-336-7070

Stevens-Swan Humane Society 315-738-4357







If your dog has been picked up by dog control, these are the steps to take:

  • Make sure you have current rabies and license information.  By NYS Law we CANNOT release a dog without a current rabies shot and a current license
  • If your dog does not have a current rabies shot, we can give that here, fax the certificate to your town clerk’s office where you can then get a license for him/her. (Also NYS Law)  You will also be required to pay your town’s impound fee, please bring the license and receipt with you. For towns handled by the CNY SPCA, we will tell you the fee before you come in.  
  • If your dog is current on rabies and license, you will need to pay the impound fee for your local town and bring that receipt with you.  You will need to bring a copy of the current license as well.  Each town is different, so please check with them BEFORE coming to pick up your dog.  For towns handled by the CNY SPCA, we will tell you the fee before you come in.
  •  Please bring a leash and collar with you, we cannot supply you with either