Mission of the CNY SPCA
Since its formation in 1891, the Central New York SPCA has dealt with the issues of animal neglect and cruelty. Our founders began this organization because of the mistreatment of the mules pulling the barges on the Erie Canal.
Our Vision is:
- Investigation, intervention and prosecution of animal abuse and neglect
- Education of the public to the value and rewards of responsible guardianship of companion animals and respect for all living creatures
- Sterilization of all companion animals to reduce the tragic over-population of unwanted animals through programs we design and propose.
- Legislation to provide for maximum protection of animals and severe penalties for those who abuse them.
- Creation and maintenance of excellent living conditions, compassionate care and medical care for the thousands of animals in our care every year.
- Adoption of those animals into responsible homes where they will be given the precious gift of a lifetime of love.
Board of Directors
Monica Williams President
Pat Romano Vice President
Bob Wood Treasurer
Gale Rachetta Interim Secretary