Our online application is currently under construction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND READ BEFORE SUBMITTING-
You Certify that:
1- the above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I also acknowledge falsification of the above can result in my being denied adoption of an animal.
2- That you have downloaded and reviewed the attached “What to Consider before adoption” sheet.
So you’re ready to add a family member to your home! Well, you’re at the right place! To begin, you can view our animals available for adoption online, but there’s nothing like the real thing. We welcome you to come to our shelter and spend some time getting to know our animals in person. To start off, please review the adoption guidelines below to speed up the adoption process:
Adoptions are not “first come first serve”, they are best fit for the animal.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
- All family members residing in the home must meet the pet.
- Landlord approval is necessary for those who rent.
- Dogs and cats already in the home must have up to date rabies shots. No Meet and greet can be scheduled without proof of up to date rabies on current dogs and cats.
- A meet and greet is necessary if there are already dogs in the home.
- All adoption applications must be filled out completely.
- An adoption application must be completed before any animal can be taken out for a visit.
- You will need picture ID, with name and current address, to photocopy onto your application.
- Any animal on a HOLD cannot be taken out for a visit until released and made available for adoption.
- All dogs MUST be licensed with your Town prior to leaving the CNYSPCA, ask an adoption counselor for further details.
- All animals being adopted MUST be confined in a carrier or on a leash.
- All dog and cats adopted will be spayed/neutered before leaving the shelter.
- It is recommended that all adopted cats be indoor cats only
- Once you have been notified that your application is approved and the pre-adoption exam is done, you have 48 hours to come in to pick up your new family member.
“Hold” is as follows:
- Strays: 10 day hold
- Cruelty seizures (non-court): 5 to 10 days hold
- Cruelty cases going to court: Animal may have to stay in our care for an indefinite time until a court decision is rendered. Until then they will not be available for adoption.
*Bunnies will be altered before leaving the CNY SPCA. At this time we do not have a veterinarian to spay and neuter our guinea pigs and small animals. They will NOT be altered by the CNYSPCA.*